The following reports and publications outline the research we have conducted to support the implementation of the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2020. The scientific findings presented in these reports will guide the potential policy changes we make in Horizons' One Plan regarding freshwater management.
- Requirements for Inland Wetlands Under the National Policy Statement for Freshwater 2020
- Application of SedNetNZ using updated erosion mitigations with climate change scenarios in the Horizons region
- Regional modelling of E. coli to support implementation of the NPS-FM
- Review of compatibility of Horizons One Plan targets with attributes and limits of the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management
- Wetland Restoration: Advice on Policy Visions for Wetland Extent by 2050
- State and trends for water quality in rivers, lakes, coastal and estuary sites in the Manawatū-Whanagnui Region
- Assessment of Nutrient Load Reductions to Achieve Freshwater Objectives in the Rivers and Lakes of the Manawatū-Whanganui Region
- Manawatū-Whanganui Region Catchment Nutrient Models: Model Updates
- The Waiopehu FMU Water Quality Model
- Calibration of the CLUES E. coli model for the Taranaki and Manawatū-Whanganui Regions
- Nutrient losses from Commercial Vegetables in Horowhenua
The following reports were not commissioned by Horizons Regional Council, however were vital to our targets engagement.